On a family gathering last weekend, I served chicken and vegetable fritters as appetizers and before I could take few appropriate pictures of them, every one had already started digging into those hot fritters and two minutes later... well the plate was as clean as nothing had been served in it!
So last night I had to make them again.. Just for you! :)
If you want to please your guests with these fritters, listen to my secret..
But don't tell this to any one.. No, not even your bff..
Now, to get the maximum pleasure out of these fritters you should eat them hot!
Right out of the frying pan and into your plate.
Enjoy these fritters while their crispiness last and you can thank me later :)
All you need to make these yummy packs is.. Everything in the image plus 1 egg (which I forgot to keep while taking picture.. Sorry!)
Throw together everything in a bowl.
Give it a good mix by hand using a wooden spoon until all seasoning is well incorporated and flour covers everything in the bowl completely. If you feel the mixture is dry, add a splash of water, just enough to moisten it a bit. Take care not to end up with a thin and runny mixture because if it is too thin, everything will separate once put in oil. The consistency shown in the picture is just the right consistency to end up with perfectly crisp and intact fritters.
Drop heaped spoons full of chicken and vegetable mixture in to warm oil. You may want to use two spoons for this step. Fry on both sides until golden and dish out.
Absorb excess oil if any.
Would you like to have some from my plate until yours are getting ready? :)
Chicken & Vegetable Fritters
- Carrots (1/2 cup- julienne)
- Cabbage (1/2 cup - julienne)
- Capsicum (1/2 cup- julienne)
- Spring onion (1/2 cup- julienne)
- Chicken (1/2 cup- minced or chopped in very small pieces)
- Egg (1 large)
- All-purpose flour (1/2 cup)
- Corn Flour (4 tbsp)
- White pepper (1tsp)
- Black Pepper (1 tbsp)
- Vinegar (2 tbsp)
- Soy Sauce (2 tbsp)
- Salt (1 1/2 tsp or according to your taste)
- Water (if required - I used only about 3 tbsp)
- In a large bowl, place all ingredients and mix well.
- Add water if the mixture is too dry. Water may be completely omitted depending upon the need.
- With the help of two spoons, slowly drop 1 large spoonful of mixture in warm oil and fry on medium flame until golden from from both sides.
- Avoid frying on high heat as it leaves the risk of fritters getting burnt from outside and staying raw on the inside.
- Once done, take out from oil, and absorb excess oil using a kitchen towel.
- Serve immediately.
- Fritters may loose their crispiness once they get cold.
- I served these fritters with mayonnaise mixed with Nando's Garlic Peri-Peri Sauce. You can serve with your favorite sauce or with plain garlic mayo.