Prawns are my favorite sea food and I love them in every possible manner. Since I am not much of a health nut I try to have prawns every weekend.
Everyone in my family loves prawns and this is by far our most favorite prawn dish. In addition to being tasty it is also very simple to make and does not require much work.
Here are a few simple ingredients that you will need. Using flour is completely optional. I use it only if I think my lemon butter sauce is too runny. However I didn't use it in this recipe.
So as a first step, in an electric chopper throw together 3 pieces of garlic and green chilles. Marinate prawns in this mixture for 15 to 30 minutes and then grill until they are well cooked. This should not take more than 3-4 minutes.
While the prawns are grilling start preparing the lemon butter sauce. In a pot melt butter, add chopped garlic and saute. Then add water and chicken stock cubes and cook on low flame. Once the stock cubes melt and are fully incorporated, pour juice of 1/2 a lemon and turn off heat.
Serve with your choice of boiled or garlic rice.
Prawns with Lemon Butter Sauce
- Prawns (6 cleaned and deveined)
- Butter (2 1/2 tbsp)
- Lemon (1/2 lemon)
- Garlic (2+2 tbsp chopped)
- Green Chillies (2-3)
- Chicken Stock Cube (1)
- Water (1/4 cup)
- Marinate prawns with 2 tbsp chopped garlic and chopped green chillies for 15 to 30 minutes. Then grill on skewers.
- For the sauce, melt butter in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic and saute
- Add water and stock cubes and cook on low flame until stick cubes melt and are fully dissolved.
- Add lemon juice and turn off the heat.
- Serve in a platter with boiled/garlic rice and garnished with green chilly juliennes.