Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Prawn and Vegetable Tempura

I am not familiar with many Japanese dishes but one dish that I know very well and love a lot too is Tempura. I, and so many people I know, can't just have enough of prawn tempura. The best tempura is the one which is crispy and crunchy in the bite. 



So the other day while I was browsing through Nami's blog I saw this fabulous recipe of shrimp tempura. Nami is my friend from the blog world. Do visit her at Just One Cookbook. She is a very sweet and cooperative girl who is always willing to help. Plus she is Japanese so I knew I could trust her recipe for the most authentic tempura. Though mine doesn't look as pretty as her's but it tasted awesome and perfectly crisp. Not only I fried prawns but I also experimented with few vegetables and the result was fantastic!

I made a minor change just to suit our DESI taste buds. I marinated my prawns with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper for 15 minutes before frying. But rest of the recipe was exactly according to her instructions. 

I also didn't straighten the prawns for two reasons:

  1. I like the curly ones better.
  2. I am lazy!
I made this Tempura on Sunday and I have made it again today. I know that's too much of tempura for one week but hey it's not my fault if these babies are so yummy.


You can get the recipe here.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Zee! Sorry somehow I didn't get pin back notification yet, so I didn't realize you posted this already. Happy to hear you enjoyed this recipe! I do love tempura. Since you made vegetable tempura already, you should try Kakiage Donburi (basically, it's assorted tempura rice bowl). Your tempura looks great! Hey... I sometimes take a short cut too, about the prawns. ;-) Thanks again for linking back to me and your kind mention! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is perfect for an appetizer, such a great and delicious idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to give this recipe a shot. We love shrimp tempura. This look so yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an idea your proving using prawns also we are made this type recipes hands of.Really looks good.

    ReplyDelete

More good eats

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...