The other day I invited my friends S & R over for dinner. I made these wings and rice for them along with Grilled Chicken with Mushroom Sauce and we had Chocolate Cake with Balsamic Strawberry Cream Filling for dessert. S & R loved it so much they told the whole gang about it and now every one is asking me to make it again and invite them for dinner.
Good friends I have right? Lol!
Not only do I love to cook for friends and family, this recipe is so easy that they have pretty bright chances of a treat in near future..
S & R told me that these wings and rice taste exactly like KFC's and being a huge fan of KFC's wings and rice, that's exactly what I had in mind when I was developing this recipe.
Only these simple ingredients are required to make your very own wings & rice in less than 30 minutes only!
- K&N's combo wings (1 large box)
- Garlic (3 tbsp - chopped)
- Chicken Stock Cubes (1-1/2)
- Hot Sauce/Chili Sauce (2 tbsp)
- Regular ketchup (1/2 cup)
- Chili Garlic Ketchup (3/4 cup)
- Oil (4 tbsp)
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pan and saute chopped garlic.
- Add thawed chicken wings.
- Now add ketchup, chili garlic ketchup, stock cubes and hot sauce.
- Mix well. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes on low flame.
- If you feel the sauce is too thick for your taste you may add few table spoons of water to reach the desired consistency.
- Rice (3 cups)
- Chopped garlic (3 tbsp)
- Chicken Stock Cube (2)
- Water (8 + 6 cups)
- Oil (5 tbsp)
- Soak rice in 8 cups water for 20 minutes, then drain all water.
- In a pan heat oil and saute garlic.
- When the garlic starts taking brown color, turn the heat to low and add chicken stock cubes and continue stirring.
- When the stock cubes have melted in the oil completely, add water and turn the flame to high.
- Add rice immediately after adding water and let the water boil, cooking uncovered on high flame.
- Once the water starts boiling, it will start to reduce and when it reaches the level of rice, turn down the heat to low and cover your pan. Let the rice cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat but do not remove the lid and let it rest for another 8-10 minutes. on the stove but with out heat.