Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 16, 2012

Crustacean Garlic Noodles

There are some days when I crave carbs. Not just few, I want lots of them. 

And not just that, I want it to be slathered in butter .

Loaded with tons of roasted garlic and Parmesan cheese too.

And then I cannot stop my self from the blissful bites.. one after another..

Until I realize I have eaten two full servings all by my self and lunch time is still 2 hours away.. Oops!

Yesterday was just one of those days..


After waking up late on the lazy Sunday, I  was craving delicious, buttery carbs but didn't feel like going to all the kneading, rising and baking routine.  Having read much about the famous Crustacean Restaurants on the blogoshpere and the reviews of that particular Vietnamese dish inspired me to try Garlic Noodles. I knew it will be quick, hassle free and one can never go wrong when there is garlic and butter involved. These two make the yummiest couple ever!

To be honest, I have never been anywhere near San Francisco or Beverly Hills area and therefore I have never tasted the famous Garlic Noodles from THE 'secret kitchen" but just the idea of garlic+butter+egg noodles+prawns was enough for me to get up and start creating a heaven.


You would wonder why I named it "Crustacean Garlic Noodles"? Well, my dear friends, Crustacean is a group of arthropods which includes crabs, lobsters and shrimps etc. And since I paired my garlic noodles with prawns, I felt it was totally justified to give it this name.


So for those of you who came here looking for the 'secret recipe'.. Sorry for the disappointment!  But those of you who would like to get a taste of heaven on earth, please scroll down for the recipe :)


Ingredients:
  1. Egg Noodles (250 gms)
  2. Roasted Garlic (3 tbsp)
  3. Butter (3 tbsp)
  4. Olive Oil (2 tbsp)
  5. Chili Sauce (3/4 tbsp)
  6. White pepper (1/4 tsp)
  7. Black Pepper (1/4 tsp)
  8. Knorr Chicken Stock Cube (1/2)
  9. Grated Parmesan Cheese (2 tbsp)
Method:
  • Boil egg noodles according to instructions on package and set aside.
  • In a wok, mix together rest of the ingredients (except Parmesan cheese) on a slow flame until butter melts and all ingredients get well incorporated.
  • Add noodles and continue stirring on a slow flame until all noodles are well coated with the sauce.
  • Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese and mix. Serve with grilled prawns.
Note: Please click here for tutorial on how to roast garlic.


I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
Luv,


3 comments:

  1. Mmmm... I love seafoody and garlicky noodles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a bowl of these noodles and it's only 8 am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the recipe of roasted garlic and lemon sorbet..nice to drop in at your space!

    ReplyDelete

More good eats

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...