If you want some seriously happy people around you.. make them these quesadillas!
These are quick and easy to make, fun to eat, filled with fajita goodness and perfect for a week night meal.
If you are craving for some Tex-Mex flavors and looking for a recipe that is not very complicated, Chicken Fajita Quesadillas perfectly fit the bill.
You can serve them with a dollop of sour cream or enjoy them dipped in salsa. But if you ask me, I don't need any thing else with these babies. They are too good on their own.
- Chicken cubes (Boneless /Skinless - 1/2 kg)
- Garlic (4 cloves- minced)
- Lemon Juice (2 tbsp)
- Salt (1/4 tsp)
- Onion (sliced lengthwise -1)
- Tomato (seeded / sliced lengthwise -2)
- Bell pepper (sliced lengthwise -1)
- Tomato ketchup (1/4 cup)
- Hot Sauce (3 tbsp)
- Cooking Oil (2 tbsp)
- Butter (melted - 3 tbsp)
- Cream Cheese (1/2 cup)
- Tortillas (6-8)
- Marinate chicken cubes with lemon and salt. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute minced garlic.
- When the garlic starts to brown, add marinated chicken and cook on high flame while stirring. You don't want the chicken to get burned.
- When all water dries and chicken starts browning, add onions, bell peppers and tomatoes and cook on high flame for another 30 seconds while stirring continuously.
- Now, turn down the heat to low, add ketchup and hot sauce.
- Mix well until everything in the pan is well coated with ketchup. Switch off stove.
- Spread cream cheese on the tortillas and spread chicken fajita on half of the tortilla.
- Fold the other half on top (it should look like a semi-circle).
- Heat an empty frying pan, lightly brush the top of folded tortilla with some oil or butter and place in the frying pan, butter side down.
- While the quesadilla is toasting from one side, brush the other side too and flip.
- Once both sides are done, dish out, cut in 3 equal parts and serve immediately.