I am sharing with you all today, by far the easiest recipe on my blog. Inspired by Nando's Chicken Pita, this meal was made in less than 15 minutes! Perfect for those week nights when you come home tired and craving a simple yet delicious dinner.
Similarly, to make these sandwiches, I used whole wheat pita bread which is easily available at most bakeries and patisseries. If you do not like whole wheat pita, you can easily replace it with white pita bread.
So, the choice is all yours, however you want to make this!
- Whole wheat pita bread (2)
- Boneless / skinless chicken (250 gms - cut in strips)
- Nando's extra hot peri peri sauce (3 tbsp + 2 tbsp)
- Ice berg lettuce (1/2 cup - shredded)
- Cucumber (1/2 cup - cubed)
- Tomatoes (1/2 cup - cubed)
- Onions (1/4 cup - julienne)
- Mayonnaise (2 tbsp)
- Cheddar Cheese slices (2)
- Cooking Oil (2 tbsp)
- Add 2 tbsp Nando's Extra Hot Peri Peri Sauce to chicken and mix until all pieces are well coated.
- In a pan heat oil and cook chicken pieces until tender and all water dries.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare your veggies.
- Cut the pita bread in half. Using a sharp knife, slit one half of the bread to make a pocket. Most pita breads already have a pocket so this should not be a problem.
- Place half slice of cheddar cheese in the pocket.
- Fill half pocket with veggies.
- Place 3-4 pieces of chicken over veggies.
- Add Nando's Extra Hot Peri Peri Sauce and mayonnaise (1 tbsp each)
- Fill the rest of the pocket wit more veggies.
- Once all pockets are prepared, place them in the microwave for 30 - 45 seconds to melt the cheese. Serve hot with garlic fries and more Nando's peri peri sauce.
Note: Sometimes it is difficult to make a pocket in pita bread, in such a situation you can easily sandwich the veggies between two pita breads. Everything else remains the same.