Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Thai Chicken Bites

When I went to Thailand four years ago, the first meal we had there was a breakfast in the hotel where we were staying. It had an extensive menu and included lots of savory and sweet dishes. Being a lover of savory meals, I first attacked on the spring rolls and nuggets that were served for the breakfast. That's when I noticed a sauce placed right beside the spring roll dish. Just out curiosity I poured 1 spoon of that sauce in my plate and when I tasted it, I was hooked instantly. I took me no longer than 1 minute to ask the waiter what it was and the rest of my stay in Thailand was accompanied by food slathered in Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce!



This sauce has a distinct sweetish, chilly and garlicky flavor. I bought two large bottles of the magical sauce on my way back but after they finished, I couldn't find them anywhere in my city. As time passed I nearly forgot about my favorite sauce until I came across this recipe on Lauren's blog. The very next day I went to the grocery store to start my search again and this time I was lucky enough to find it and I now use this dipping sauce in and with EVERY thing.



Yes, it's that good! Take my word for it.


I suggest you go look for it ASAP in a convenience store near you or in an Asian store if you have a hard time finding it because once you make these chicken bites and dip 'em in this sauce and taste it, you won't be able to stop. I am sure.



(Recipe adopted from Lauren's Latest)


Ingredients: 

  1. Boneless/Skinless Chicken (cut into cubes - 1/2 kg)
  2. All purpose flour (1/2 cup)
  3. Garlic powder (1/2 tsp)
  4. Egg (1)
  5. Milk (4 tbsp)
  6. Salt (1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp)
  7. Black pepper (1/2 tsp)
  8. Ground red chillies (1/2 tsp)
  9. Oil for frying
  10. 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
Method:
  • Marinate chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper for about 15 - 20 minutes.
  • In a frying pan, heat oil on medium flame.
  • In a shallow bowl whisk together all ingredients except all purpose flour. When every thing gets evenly incorporated, add flour and using light movements mix it in the wet mixture to form a batter
  • Dip chicken pieces in the batter one at a time and place into hot oil. Fry until golden brown.
  • Remove from oil and drain.
  • Transfer chicken bites in a shallow dish and toss with Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce.
  • Serve immediately. 


4 comments:

  1. I love thai food when I crave for some fiery flavor.

    Your Chicken looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks incredible! Although I have never been to thailand, I have eaten out at many Thai restaurants, and I loved all of it!! But now I can have it in the comfort of my own house, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zee.. 1st tym here.. yu hav collection of wonderful recipes.. i love Pakisthani food especially non vegetarian:)

    ReplyDelete

More good eats

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...