We love eating at Roaster's here in Karachi and every time we are there I order this delicious combination of waffle and chicken with rich creamy white sauce. This is my all time favorite dish and so I decided to recreate it myself and to my surprise it wasn't so difficult.
The Chicken and Waffle is a bold dish, since waffle is not very well known among Pakistani population and secondly, it is typically a breakfast item and not served for lunch or dinner. Since waffle is slightly sweet in taste, most people cannot conceive the idea of having waffle with a savory combination but for me it is a winner combination and I just cant have enough of it.
It would be best if fresh home made waffles are served with this dish but I used frozen variety due to which it lost a point :(
Nevertheless, it was delicious and a must try recipe!
Since I made it in kind of hurry so I don't have step by step pictures of this recipe but I will try to elaborate as much as I can in the recipe description. Ohkay?
Chicken and Waffle
- Boneless chicken fillets (500 gms)
- Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
For Creamy White Sauce
- Butter (1 tbsp)
- Garlic (1 tbsp - Chopped)
- All purpose flour (1 tbsp)
- Chicken Stock (1/2 cup)
- Full Cream Milk (3/4 cup)
- Cheddar Cheese (1/2 cup - grated)
- Dried Tarragon (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander (chopped - for garnishing)
- Marinate chicken in salt and chilies for 30 minutes and grill until tender
- In a pan melt butter and saute garlic.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute on a medium heat, add chicken stock and mix well until the sauce gets thick.
- Add milk, cheddar cheese, and tarragon and let simmer on low flame for 7 - 8 minutes.
- Serve hot on grilled chicken and waffle with a side of steamed vegetables.