Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Grilled Chicken Open Face Sandwich

Open Sandwich

When I made this Quick, Easy and Very Cheesy Pepperoni Sandwich for my brother on Sunday, I also made an Open Face Grilled Chicken Sandwich for myself.
As simple, easy and quick both of these recipes are, I managed to make both in less than 10 minutes. 

I, however, utilized the leftover grilled chicken for this sandwich. If you do not have leftover  chicken, it might take you a little more time. You can also use any left over meat if do not have chicken.

Great for lunch boxes and quick fix dinners too.

  1. 6" Thyme Bread
  2. Grilled Chicken (1 fillet, I chopped mine into pieces)
  3. Canned mushroom ( 1 sliced)
  4. Jalapeno peppers (1 sliced)
  5. Cabbage (1/4 cup shredded)
  6. Grated Cheddar Cheese (2 tbsp)
  7. Chilly/Garlic ketchup (as required, you can also use regular ketchup)
  8. Mustard paste (As required)
  • Slit the bread lengthwise but make sure that both sides are intact.
  • Spread ketchup and mustard sauce evenly on the bread surface.
  • Layer shredded cabbage, jalapeno peppers and mushrooms.
  • Place grilled chicken pieces on top and sprinkle grated cheese.
  • Broil in the oven for about 4-5 minutes or just until the cheese melts.
  • Enjoy!


  1. This sandwich would be a big hit in my house.

  2. That would a be quick and fantastic meal for weeknight dinner.

  3. This is a delicious sounding sandwich. It would be really well received in my home. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

  4. I love sandwiches, but not so much the cheeses :( That looks delish no doubt :)

  5. This sounds like something I can make for lunch with the kids. I start to lack of new sandwich recipes so I loved that you shared this. I might make it panini style so that kids don't drop all the toppings! LOL That will be a mess! Although open face is more fancy in this sandwich tho! ;-)

  6. Perfect for a midweek dinner! looks fantastic!

  7. How should we grill the chicken ? I mean which ingredients we have to put in it ?


More good eats

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...