If a good burger costs more than 150 bucks and there are rumors about your favorite fast food chain producing burgers that do not decompose and using chicken meat which is man made, when you are concerned about your family's health and don't want your kids to eat junk food all the time prepared by total strangers.. It's time you make your own juicy/crispy burgers at home!
These burgers are healthy, and you know exactly what is going inside. Plus they look as scrumptious as any of these or these without causing a hole in your pocket paying for too many calories and too little nutrients! Just few simple ingredients and you have a quick and delicious meal ready for the kiddos.
The star of this recipe is Nona's Kentucky Hot and Spicy Recipe. I use Nona Seasoned Flour pretty often. A wide range of Nona's products are widely available in all big grocery stores. It makes my life easier, recipes less time consuming, and chicken taste like it's been ordered from a restaurant!
Apart from that you will need only few simple ingredients:
- Boneless/Skinless Chicken thighs (3-4 pieces)
- Fresh Burger Buns (2)
- Nona all purpose flour "Kentucky" flavor (1/2 cup)
- Egg (1)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Red chili powder (1/2 tsp)
- Cheddar Cheese Slices (2)
- Ketchup (as required)
- Mayonnaise (as required)
- Cucumber slices (as required)
- Tomato slices (as required)
- Salad Leaves (as required)
- Mix 1/2 cup of Nona Seasoned Flour with 1 egg and refrigerate for 20 minutes
- Marinate boneless chicken thighs with salt and red chilli powder for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil, dip chicken pieces in egg/flour mixture and deep fry on medium flame for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Spread mayonnaise and ketchup on buns.
- Place salad leaves and cheddar slices.
- Place fried chicken on top of cheese slice and add cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Place the upper half of bun on top of cucumbers.
Note: All views expressed in this blog post are entirely my own and I have not been compensated by Nona in any way.
Update*: I have received many queries through email and on Facebook asking for a substitute of Nona Seasoned flour. So I found out a way to make this flour at home just for my lovely readers. Here goes the ingredients:
(Makes about 1-1/2 cup mix)
- All Purpose Flour (1/2 cup)
- Corn Flour (1/2 cup)
- Paprika Powder (2 tbsp)
- Dry Mustard Powder (1 tbsp)
- MSG (1-1/2 tbsp)
- Garlic Powder (1 tsp)
- Oregano Powder (1 tsp)
- Red Chili Powder (1 tsp)
- Black Pepper Powder (1 tsp)
- Baking Powder (1 tsp)
- Thyme Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Basil Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Salt (1/3 tsp)
- Sieve both flours together. Mix all ingredients with flour in a dry/clean bowl.
- Make sure all ingredients mentioned as "powder" are dry and well grounded.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed, sieve the mixture once again.