I don't have my Saturdays off so I feel envy when people put up "TGIF!" as their facebook status. And today Thank God It's Saturday! Which means tomorrow is Sunday and time for the whole family to eat breakfast together. What can be better than fluffy pancakes and balsamic strawberry sauce made of fresh strawberries?
There is no step by step tutorial for this recipe but I will try to elaborate as much as I can. Okay?
Here is the recipe and ingredients for pancakes.
- Flour (1-1/2 cup)
- Milk (1-1/4 cup)
- Sugar (2 tbsp)
- Softened butter (3 tbsp)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Baking Powder (3 tsp)
- Egg whites (3)
- Egg yolks (2)
- Vanilla Essence (1 tsp)
- Beat egg whites until fluffy and keep aside.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add sugar, egg yolks, milk, butter & vanilla to dry ingredients and beat on medium speed until every thing is mixed well.
- Now add fluffed egg whites to flour mixture and mix using soft circular motion. Take care not to let the air out of egg whites.
- Cook on a greased non stick pan or griddle using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbly on the top and browned from bottom. Turn and brown the other side.
Balsamic Strawberry Sauce
(Adopted from Deeba of Passionate About Baking)
- Strawberries (200 gms-chopped)
- Sugar 91/4 cup)
- Balsamic Vinegar (1 tbsp)
- Powdered sugar (2 tbsp)
Place all the ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer till it becomes thick and jam like. Let it cool before serving.