If you are a resident of K-Town or if you have ever visited, you must be aware of the famous Bar be Que Tonight restaurants and their delicious hummus which is served with garlic naan as appetizer.
Hummus is a dip spread and is basically of Middle Eastern origin, made of chick peas or garbanzo beans. This treat is so indulgent that I can never have enough of it and some times I end up filling up on this alone instead of having actual dinner.
It's been a while since we have gone out for dinners because of our crazy schedules and frequent out station trips so I decided to make Hummus at home.
To my surprise, I actually managed to finish making it from scratch in less than 10 minutes! Unbelievable right?
And it didn't even require any thing special. Every thing that was already in my pantry.
- Chick Peas (1 can)
- Liquid from chick pea can (1/4 cup)
- Olive Oil (1/2 cup + 3 tbsp)
- Tahini Paste (4 tbsp)
- Lemon Juice (3 tbsp)
- Roasted Garlic Paste (3 tbsp)
- Ground Roasted Cumin Seed (1 tbsp)
- Salt ( 1/2 tsp or to taste)
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a food processor or blender.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes until smooth. While blending continue adding olive oil in small quantities until you have added 1/2 a cup complete.
- When all ingredients are well blended and form a smooth consistency, place in a serving bowl and garnish with olive oil, olives and paprika.
- Serve with pita bread, garlic naan or garlic bread.
Note: For Roasted Garlic recipe please click here.