Good things come in small packages just like winters in Karachi. They hardly last a month but we relish and celebrate this weather.
Usually Karachiites enjoy a cold winter evening with a hot cup of espresso with roasted peanuts or a bowl of chicken corn soup but every one likes to be fancy few days and that's where hot chocolate makes an appearance.
Smooth and velvety in texture, this is the best home made hot chocolate you will ever have. I don't like heat in my hot chocolate but if you do, you are most welcome to add cinnamon, cayenne or nutmeg and make this even better.
One more thing, DON'T be lazy and miss the blender step! Blending is what makes this cup of hot chocolate so sublime and satisfying.
- Milk (2-1/2 cups)
- Sugar (3 tbsp)
- Cadbury chocolate-chopped (80 gms)
- Good quality cocoa powder (2 tbsp)
- Marshmallows (optional)
- In a medium sized sauce pan stir together milk, sugar, chopped chocolate and cocoa powder.
- Bring to bowl over a medium heat.
- Continue whisking until chocolate and cocoa dissolves and the mixture thickens.
- Reduce heat to low and blend using a hand blender for about 3-4 minutes until thick and foamy.
- Serve in mugs topped with marshmallows or whipped cream.