I am sharing with you all a recipe of Battered Red Snapper which is my mother's specialty. This is a very simple recipe and makes excellent snack with in no time. The best thing about this recipe is that fish can be frozen after seasoning and only requires 10 minutes to prepare after defrosting. It can be served as a snack with potato chips or at dinner with a side of veges.
Wash fish fillets thoroughly and season with salt, garlic paste, vinegar and soy sauce. Either freeze at this stage or refrigerate for at least 1 hour if serving on the same day.
Mix together flour, corn starch, baking powder and a little water to make a thick batter.
Dip fillets into the batter and fry on medium heat until it becomes golden from both sides.
Tastes best when serve hot!
Battered Red Snapper
- Red Snapper (skin and bones removed - 250 gms)
- Garlic paste (1 tsp)
- Vinegar (1 tbsp)
- Soy Sauce (1/2 tbsp)
- Plain flour or Garlic flour (1/2 cup)
- Corn starch (1/4 cup)
- Baking powder (1 tsp)
- Water (for mixing)
- Marinate fish with garlic, vinegar, soy sauce and salt. Refrigerate for 1 hour or freeze for later use.
- In a bowl mix together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and water. make a thick batter.
- Dip fish fillets into the batter and deep fry on medium heat until golden from both sides.